STORM SONG??

A place to post your suggestions for Storm based songs and chants!
User avatar
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:17 pm
Contact:

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby Tempest » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:38 pm

nacho wrote:
Tigger wrote:this is black power
Image


Nah - that's Fullback Power.  8)

User avatar
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 3440
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: ANZ Stadium

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby Christabella » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:58 am

nacho wrote:i dont think other clubs have a song, weve adapted it from the AFL just like our banners

Clubs do have songs but they were more commonly sung back in the 80s and early 90s


The Bulldogs one is exactly the same tune ... I have it as my ring tone:
We are the mighty Bulldogs, The Canterbury breed
We play it hard we play it tough, we're the greatest in the league
We've got a park of mighty forwards and a line of leading backs
When the whistle blows you all will know as we leave them in their tracks
So come on mighty Bulldogs, let's show them how it's done
With our power and speed the Bulldog breed will keep you on the run.

Before that they had one that was exactly the same tune as the Hawthorn song


Everyone knows South's song.
In the last home game of the season I finally heard Parramatta play theirs, I know the words to that because I am always remixing it.
Someone posted Manly's song on the Kennel in the week before the grand final ... stupid Manly fan thinks we are gonna learn that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
And you always see footage of the Cowboys singing their song in the sheds.
Image

Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:24 pm
Contact:

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby Filthy Teeve » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:35 am

I personally would love to adopt the 'players' theme song as the one sung by all after a win. One of the great joys of AFL is belting out Richmond's 'Yellow and Black' or Carlton's 'Da da da da da' after a victory. Geez it stirs the blood! We won the premiership, but had no song to sing loud and proud (except for Mrs Hall's sausage rolls) and that really sucked! And you can't sing the current 'club' song as it is nearly as bad as the Freo heave-ho song.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics

User avatar
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave
Posts: 4628
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:11 am
Location: Here

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby Tigger » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:30 am

Filthy Teeve wrote:I personally would love to adopt the 'players' theme song as the one sung by all after a win. One of the great joys of AFL is belting out Richmond's 'Yellow and Black' or Carlton's 'Da da da da da' after a victory. Geez it stirs the blood! We won the premiership, but had no song to sing loud and proud (except for Mrs Hall's sausage rolls) and that really sucked! And you can't sing the current 'club' song as it is nearly as bad as the Freo heave-ho song.


It's not so bad when you change the words like I do Teeve......

We are the Storm from Melbourne town, we'll bash your head into the ground..... :lol:

Also, try substituting Melbourne Storm with current good AFL team songs...

Oh we're from Melbourne Storm, a fighting fury we're from Melbourne Storm...
or
We are the Storm, the greatest team of all, We are the Storm we're always on the ball...
or
We are the Melbourne Storm, we are the ..um, great, great,  Melbourne Storm - We're the team that never lets you down, we're the only team from Melbourne town...

Tis fun to experiment....  ;-) :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!

User avatar
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: The Graveyard

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby Cronk7 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:43 pm

My version;

Good Ol' Mel-bourne Storm For-ever,
We know how to play the game,
Side by side we stick together,
To uphold the Storm name,
See the supporters shouting,
As all supporters shoud,
Oh the premierships a whitewash,
For the good ol' Mel-bourne Storm!

Probs abit lame,yes,I'll admit that,but its served the Magpies well for over 100 years!
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...

User avatar
Simon the Crowdie
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:03 am
Location: Melb & Oly Park

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby Simon the Crowdie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:17 am

Here is one me a few others sang at The Crest Hotel (Kings Cross) after the win last year.
To the Tune of Geelongs theme song

We are the Storm the Greatest team of all
We are the Storm we are always on the Ball
We play the game as it should be played
At home or far away
Our Banner flys High at Dawn to Dark
Down at Olympic Park

it went down a treat

User avatar
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 4603
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: melbourne, australia

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby nacho » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Simon the Crowdie wrote:Here is one me a few others sang at The Crest Hotel (Kings Cross) after the win last year.
To the Tune of Geelongs theme song

We are the Storm the Greatest team of all
We are the Storm we are always on the Ball
We play the game as it should be played
At home or far away
Our Banner flys High at Dawn to Dark
Down at Olympic Park

it went down a treat

i actually really like that :)
DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND
(LEAGUE CODE: 867370)

User avatar
Simon the Crowdie
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:03 am
Location: Melb & Oly Park

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby Simon the Crowdie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Cronk7 wrote:My version;

Good Ol' Mel-bourne Storm For-ever,
We know how to play the game,
Side by side we stick together,
To uphold the Storm name,
See the supporters shouting,
As all supporters shoud,
Oh the premierships a whitewash,
For the good ol' Mel-bourne Storm!

Probs abit lame,yes,I'll admit that,but its served the Magpies well for over 100 years!



I was thinking about this just the other day, not realising you had already done so

where its says "to uphold the Storm name" i reckon it should be "to uphold the Melbourne name"
as in the original its "to uphold the mag-pie name" 2 sylables so "Mel-bourne" it should be.

As Pete Townsend syaid about song writing - "it is about the sylables"

just my thorts- nothing to get upset about...

User avatar
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: STORM SONG??

Postby JAMIE » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

In a land they call Victoria
Where all good legends dwell
We're the Champion Rugby League Team
And we sing a bit as well


We're a rough tough bunch of bastards
And we show a bit of form
No one can defeat us
We're the mighty Melbourne Storm


We'll take it to those Parra Cu#ts
And we'll really give 'em' hell
We would of scored a lot more points
But they rang the full time bell


We're a rough tough bunch of bastards
And we show a bit of form
No one can defeat us
We're the mighty Melbourne Storm
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League


Return to “Melbourne Storm Chants and Songs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest