Rd 2 vs Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Re: Rd 2 vs Wests Tigers

Postby Danger D » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:50 am

scriptyx wrote:
Danger D wrote:And just quietly... how good was Joe Stimson? Did a superb job filling in for Felise. Some strong hits in defence, a couple of decent runs and a great desperation to win the ball back off the kick start.

He missed a bunch of tackles and was ineffective in attack. Hoffman was worse this game tho.

I wasn't thinking he was best on ground, but it was a great effort for a kid who wasn't picked at all last week and had to fill in for one of our better edge forwards. Yes he did miss 4 tackles but he also made 27 and had 0 handling errors. I'm not sure what you mean by ineffective in attack though. We didn't have many attacking opportunities for the whole game across the park. Joe had 1 tackle bust and made 75m which is comparable to the 48m Felise made last week.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby sallymay » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:07 pm

I think we are just missing everyone we let go...we always knew it was gonna be a hard year after losing our best halfback...its just gonna take time

Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Storm Spirit » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 pm

sallymay wrote:I think we are just missing everyone we let go...we always knew it was gonna be a hard year after losing our best halfback...its just gonna take time

yes this. we dont want to admit. but its probably true. will take time to find a rhythm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 am

58 Missed or Ineffective Tackles
24 Offloads by the Tigers
16 Errors
1 Line Break
72% Completion Rate

Return to “Melbourne Storm”