Rd 2 vs Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Re: Rd 2 vs Wests Tigers

Postby yourhero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Too many errors and seemingly not wanting to do the tough stuff before trying set plays/trick shots.

Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby 1999 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:27 pm

That might have been the worst effort we’ve put in under Bellamy, I don’t mean worst we’ve played I mean effort, everyone is walking, no urgency, forcing ridiculous passes, trying to score easy tries and ducking the hard work, these boys honestly believe they just had to take the field tonight to win, I can’t find a single positive, the Tigers are playing on heart but we are several classes above them and we will get beat here if we don’t give them some respect and get into the grind, we have got so many penalties, we have had our chances, the only players that can even say they had a dig are Munster, NAS & Finucane, everyone else should hand back their pay!! The back 3 diabolical Suli particularly, the centres not injecting themselves, Croft not organising anyone, even Smith is playing like he is rattled. Ryan Hoffman should never wear the jersey again, awful.

I hope bellyache is giving them an epic spray at halftime.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:29 pm

TC wrote:
yourhero wrote:Hoffman picks up where he left off last week ::)

Hard to avoid knocking on when you get shit service like that.

Yeah Ok, on one occasion. The other? And the discipline? Hoffman has been trash.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Once again Croft is picking up the Tigers back three on the full.

We are losing the ruck badly.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

F*ck me dead Suli...

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Putrid... 17 errors.

Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby 1999 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Deserved loss, we were pathetic. Good on you tigers that’s how to play footy, toughness and heart, we showed neither tonight, boys need to have a hard look at themselves.

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby TC » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Seriously poor performance all around.
Suli was dreadful - a couple of times he cut Slater out or interfered with him taking the ball, but he wasn't alone.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately

Deadpool
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Deadpool » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Suli needs to cut out all the little careless mistakes near our tryline. Really hurt us tonight and it has in the past aswell. Tigers had to of been offside all night tho, they were always right up in our faces. But they wanted it more and it showed and that’s what is disappointing

Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby 1999 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:00 pm

I’m not sold on Croft either like so many on here, I think he will be a great player but he could use some more time in the QLD cup getting used to the grind against men, I thought Jacks was superb last week and even Bellamy stated in pre season that he was a huge chance of being the starting half over Croft, we won’t see wholesale changes but based off what I’ve seen this year I’d like to see us tweak some things, maybe next week try

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Jacks/Croft (undecided)
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Kasiano
11. Kaufusi
12. NAS
13. Finucane

14. B. Smith
15. K. Bromwich
16. Glasby
17. Welch

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 pm

As critical as I am of Croft, he cannot be blamed for that loss. Any half struggles behind a well beaten pack and so many errors. In games where we have played so poorly up the middle in past years, even Cronk has been a passenger.

The no-name Tigers pack bent us over. Effort and commitment weren’t there and that will be of most disappointment to Craig, as they are our cornerstone traits.

brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby brisbanestorm » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Have a feeling we may have to get used to seeing a lot more rocks than diamonds from Suli this year now that we don't have Cronk's kicking game.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Crofty’s kicking game - under pressure - needs work. Along with organising sets.

There was one penalty where Croft was trying to bark orders but a few of the guys were pointing and yelling whilst Cameron was kicking to touch. Perhaps still finding his feet over-calling senior players.

Bullucked
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Bullucked » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 pm

yourhero wrote:Crofty’s kicking game - under pressure - needs work..

It starts at training. Watching him before the game tonight practising his corner kicks to JAC he receives the ball from Young T and takes 3 - 5 paces before kicking. With no time on the field he needs to nail the the one-step and kick. Similarly, captain Smiths pass from dummy half is not as crisp as it was, the recoil before pass is becoming more evident. Of course the man is human!

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby blazza18 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 pm

Really annoyed the 20 year old half back isn't playing like a seasoned veteran yet. In all seriousness I do hope he's allowed to do more than what he has done the first few games.

Outside of the early NAS runs it hardly felt our forward pack did anything. Tons of set plays were out of sync. Don't think the Tigers didn't anything great defensively, they just dug in for the entire game.

One to watch. Kasiano roughly 20 minutes in his first two games so far. Bit unlucky with a head knock tonight but probably better off getting match fitness in the Q Cup. Just my opinion anyway.
Last edited by blazza18 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Melbourne Storm”