Munster told to Pull His Head In!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Re: Munster told to Pull His Head In!

Postby blazza18 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:43 am

He was already insanely good his first full season too. Hard to "breakout" when that happens.

As for this season - finding the try line and kicking in general play are two huge improvements he needs this season.

Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Cameron » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 am

I told you Munster could take it to another level.

He was insanely good in his first year.

Now he is insanely, insanely good.

how was his comment about the ball boys..

"without ball boys, we don't have any balls!"

he is a comedian as well.

I love this bloke.

Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Cameron » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 am

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 283223d4d9

Cameron Munster starts 2018 on fire as Storm outclass Bulldogs in Perth
NRL PREMIERSHIP
Ben Glover

NO Billy Slater, no worries.
After an off-season from hell Cameron Munster gave a timely reminder of why no-nonsense coach Craig Bellamy puts up with his off-field antics with a dazzling display as he superbly filled the shoes of the Storm’s champion fullback as they outclassed the Bulldogs to win 36-18 in Perth.

“It’s been all Cameron Munster. The difference has been Cameron Munster.” Fox League’s Mark Gasnier said at half-time.

Braith Anasta was also glowing in his praise.

“He really did turn the game on its head. And it’s even more special that Billy Slater isn’t there, Cooper Cronk’s not there ... that means you need someone to deliver and Cameron Munster delivers in spades,” Anasta said.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby sallymay » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:01 am

It's like everyone hasn't seen him play...he has always been good it's not a new thing

Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Cameron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:17 am

I think what they are saying sallymay is that Munster has taken it to another level again. He might be our next Daily M winner.

Cameron was a commanding presence at the back on attack setting up three tries, running rampant with 192 metres gained from only 17 hit-ups.

He was just as strong on defence with 13 tackles

Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Cameron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:49 am

Even Craig Bellamy thinks Cameron Munster can improve.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bellam ... 4z3u6.html

Bellamy said Munster was not the finished product and could still prove to be a telling player as a five-eighth which is the role he is expected to play as long as Slater is in the side.

“He didn’t even have a touch there for a while but when he had a few he caused some problems,” Bellamy said.

“He’s a very, very talented player. No matter where he plays he’s always going to have a real impact. He was one of our best tonight. He turned the game for us.

“At the moment probably No.1 is his best position because he’s probably played there more. The more time he gets at five-eighth, the better, then he will be able to play that position as well as he plays fullback.

“It’s pretty exciting to see what he’s doing.”

Munster said post game his side needed to give up less penalties and complete more sets.

Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Postby Lucas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Of course he can improve.

But he can't break out again. He's already broken out.

Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Cameron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:11 pm

He continues to break out or break through.

He breaks out from just playing for the Melbourne Storm to playing well for the Melbourne Storm to playing for Queensland to playing for Australia to winning the Daily M to winning the Golden Boot to being the greatest player of all time.

Each time he breaks through his previous ceiling of play to achieve something higher and more memorable.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Cameron wrote:He continues to break out or break through.

No, he doesn’t... He continues to improve.

Your misplaced arrogance won’t let you concede on this very obvious point.

Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Cameron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm

You have made personal attacks on me for days mate; you can spend your hours arguing over semantics but the truth is that in the consciousness of Melbourne people who do not follow the Storm as closely as we do (a lot of my friends who are just general sports fans and not rugby league nuts) ; this is the year that the general public is getting to really think of Cameron Munster as a star. Hence he is breaking out in the mainstream Melbourne sporting landscape.

That may be due to some off field transgressions which have made non-rugby league fans take notice as he is a lovable Larrikin. No publicity is bad publicity. It may be due to Cooper Cronk leaving; or Cameron playing in the World Cup.

Cameron Munster is breaking through into public consciousness for mainstream Melbourne. He is becoming an off field star.

A darling in the same sense of Smith or Slater.

Two years ago, Cameron Munster could have walked down Chapel St or across Bourke St and no one would have said "boo" to him. Not any more. He is now known to the general sports public and that is huge for Melbourne Storm.

Because there was a fear that once Croft and Smith and Slater moved on; there would be a loss of impedice for our young franchise.

But Munster has broken through the rugby league bubble and is the next celebrity star in Melbourne that will drive mainstream interest in our great Club.

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby blazza18 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Goalposts keep moving.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 am

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/origin/kevin-walters-has-strongly-hinted-at-his-choice-for-maroons-no6/news-story/d4be57e3d9545b45ff48b4a672414803

Kevin Walters has strongly hinted at his choice for Maroons No.6
AAP
APRIL 23, 2018

Queensland coach Kevin Walters has given his strongest indication yet as to who will wear the Maroons No.6 jersey in Origin I.

THE halfback debate may be far from over but Queensland coach Kevin Walters has given his strongest indication yet that Cameron Munster is his man for the Maroons No.6 jersey.

Six weeks before the series opener in Melbourne on June 6, Walters admitted it was still an “open race” for the No.7 jersey but only mentioned Munster for the vacant five-eighth job after his stunning turnaround at Melbourne.

Munster was reportedly close to being cut by the Storm over disciplinary issues in February after it was revealed he had been briefly sent home from Kangaroos camp during the World Cup following an alleged dust-up with teammate Ben Hunt.

However, Munster has earned praise from Storm coach Craig Bellamy and Melbourne captain Cameron Smith for his off-field attitude adjustment that is clearly spilling over on to the field this year.

“Cameron is certainly putting his hand up in a big way,” Walters told Sky Sports Radio.

“Of all the Storm players I think he has been the standout for them this year.

“I know he has made some changes to his off-field habits and the Storm are getting benefits from that.”

Smith believed Munster had already done enough to retain the No.6 jersey he wore for the first time in game three last year after inspiring Melbourne’s 34-20 win over Brisbane last weekend.

Meanwhile, Walters said out of sorts North Queensland playmaker Michael Morgan was still in the Maroons halfback mix after enduring a World Cup “hangover”.

“His performance the other night (in win over Gold Coast) was probably his best of the year.

“I liked the way he ran the ball a bit more and tried to challenge the line.

“I think he has got a bit of a hangover from last year with the World Cup as do some others.

“But I think over the weekend we saw an improvement from a lot of the players who were involved in the World Cup particularly the Queensland guys who are getting back to somewhere near we know they can play.”

Walters said Eels halfback Corey Norman was also back in the frame after helping Parramatta break their season duck against Manly on Sunday.

“There are a few No.7 jumper options — Ben Hunt, Daly Cherry-Evans, Ash Taylor, Corey Norman who I know was in contention for game three last year,” he said.

“There’s lots of guys we can select from. It is a matter of when the time comes who has got the touch who we think can get the job done for Queensland.”

Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Postby Danger D » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 am

He hasn't done anything to lose the Maroons 6 jersey as far as I can tell. His short kicking game is improving and his overall ball playing is on the up as well. He's still as damaging a ball runner as anyone else in the league and his ability to play to both structures and heads up is a quality that not many halves have.
I still think he's a better fullback though!

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

Just a great footy player. As tough as nails. Deceptively strong.

Agreed that his best position is FB. Having said that, he is still a quality 5/8 and has to retain his spot. His debut was as good as you will see at Origin level. Since then he has;
- Won a Premiership
- Been selected for the Kangaroos in the WC squad
- Started the year in the best form of available QLD 5/8 options.

Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Postby Danger D » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 pm

I can see an interesting time ahead when Munster and Ponga battle it out for the QLD fullback jumper. Both very exciting young talents.

Return to “Melbourne Storm”