Grand Final Week

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Squall
Squall

Grand Final Week

Postby Bullucked » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm

So we all (I anyway) received the email this morning at 1143 advising of the weeks activities. Most important thing to me (especially as I can't go on Sunday) was the (last?) open training session. In the email it advises that the open training would be at Goschs Paddock at 2pm today, 2 hours and 17 mins after receiving the email, and that was if I was sitting in front of the computer at that minute to receive it.

Question is, was the open training advertised on the website and it's my bad for not looking it up or was this just another very poor oversight on behalf of the club?

It's the little things like this that really niggle at me. I (we?) pay a massive premium for my (our) membership(s) and yet don't get what I consider to be timely advice for special club activities especially in this the most special week. Disappointed.

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Re: Grand Final Week

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm not sure if it was on the site as i rarely go there (get all the news on their FB page) but i can confirm it was on their FB page yesterday morning

glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby glennb » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 pm

It was posted on all social media yesterday. But I agree they could have sent information earlier. I went and like everything Storm does no stated to happen until 2.30. The players walked out at 2.45. There was so many people (a lot with kids) waiting and they do that. Sometimes they do not think about the fans.

Things I saw a training: Billy had a huge bandage on his knee, thanks Broncos. Joe Stimson will not play. Christian Welch have beefed up with all his gym work next year looks good. Cam had a very long team meeting in the middle of the ground before anything started. Billy, Cam and Cooper went off on there own for about 5 minutes and throw passes to each other, never seen that at training before

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby Mattpoet » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 pm

It was on the website Saturday morning, early.

Danger D
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Danger D » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:20 am

glennb wrote: Billy, Cam and Cooper went off on there own for about 5 minutes and throw passes to each other, never seen that at training before

Special set play perhaps?

tigerr
Squall
Squall

Postby tigerr » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 am

I've noticed in every Premiership game we have had set plays that we haven't used before, and they have worked perfectly. Except for the Cronulla game where I think the pressure from the Sharks didn't allow us the time and space to do it

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby bula » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm tipping Suli first try scorer and JAC to get one too.
What worries me is Cowboys attack is all down their right which will put our young centre/wing combo under alot of pressure.
On the flipside Antonio Winterstein isn't 100% so I'm expecting a right side sweep early in the game.

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby nacho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:16 pm

We have so much speed in our backline that any holes pose only a short window of opportunity. JAC can cover the entire field in a heartbeat, meanwhile Billy would be closing in. Same goes for Suli if they catch jac out of position

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby bula » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Foxsports showed all our grand finals only caught the 2012 decider though and I have to say I don't give Todd Lowrie enough credit. He was playing way above his weight and I forgot Waqa was playing injured. He had a huge game.
Great defensively but Smith missed 2 conversions and a penalty.

Return to “Melbourne Storm”