2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:08 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Lucas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:17 am

stormfan2010 wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Hughes has been confirmed with a broken foot


Hope he gets hit foot right for a big preseason. I've got a feeling of we win this will be Bills last game and he will hang up the boots. I'd almost bet on it.

I think you're right. In fact I can think of no other scenario that explains why his 2018 status remains in limbo.

User avatar
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 3948
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:34 pm
Location: Altona Meadows

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby steaming stormer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 am

Section 140 for me... let's get loud!!!

Still watching flights home drop before I book - just booked up so far.

I miss the after party, and I agree it sucks, but that's the problem with the 7.15 kickoff. By the time anything would be ready to happen, there's no more trains home so they won't do it. I'm deciding if I book a flight home early enough to be home to go to Fed Square if we get up or not!

User avatar
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 3948
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:34 pm
Location: Altona Meadows

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby steaming stormer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Just jumped on to Ticketek - Storm Supporters section is sold out. Still seats in Cowboys and other areas of the ground. Bring on Sunday!

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 2032
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:43 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Just on whether Bill will retire or not i'm pretty confident he'll play on, he had two seasons out and with his the way he's played this year he certainly got another year of good footy in him. I reckon Coops will hang them up though and selfishly hope he does.

Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:08 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Lucas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Ice wrote:Just on whether Bill will retire or not i'm pretty confident he'll play on, he had two seasons out and with his the way he's played this year he certainly got another year of good footy in him. I reckon Coops will hang them up though and selfishly hope he does.

If he was 100% going to play on he'd be signed up by now. The fact that he isn't means that a) he is retiring no matter what, or b) the result on the weekend dictates what he does (win = retire, lose = another year)

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 3215
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Scooter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Jahrome Hughes posted on Instagram that he is in hospital.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Mattpoet » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:09 am

Meant to be having surgery so makes sense.

User avatar
LESStar58
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1995
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: balls deep in your love...
Contact:

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby LESStar58 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:50 pm

stormfan2010 wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Hughes has been confirmed with a broken foot


Hope he gets hit foot right for a big preseason. I've got a feeling of we win this will be Bills last game and he will hang up the boots. I'd almost bet on it.


He should.

User avatar
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 2624
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:59 pm
Location: Shipwrecked and comatose

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby TC » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Lucas wrote:
Ice wrote:Just on whether Bill will retire or not i'm pretty confident he'll play on, he had two seasons out and with his the way he's played this year he certainly got another year of good footy in him. I reckon Coops will hang them up though and selfishly hope he does.

If he was 100% going to play on he'd be signed up by now. The fact that he isn't means that a) he is retiring no matter what, or b) the result on the weekend dictates what he does (win = retire, lose = another year)


Nah, I honestly think he doesn't know. Hope he goes around again - I reckon he's about 60-40 to play on one more year.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 2032
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:43 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Lucas wrote:If he was 100% going to play on he'd be signed up by now. The fact that he isn't means that a) he is retiring no matter what, or b) the result on the weekend dictates what he does (win = retire, lose = another year)


I never said he'd 100% play on, what i did say is that i'm pretty confident he will go around again. Of course i could be totally wrong there but that's just my opinion.

Bullucked
Squall
Squall
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Bullucked » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Anyone heard from Sallymay?

User avatar
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Kettles » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:27 pm

FWIW I think Slater will definitely play on. Like Smith, he's in startling form.

Re Sunday: Let's not have a repeat of 2016 - thank you.

NevilleB
Squall
Squall
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby NevilleB » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Kettles wrote:FWIW I think Slater will definitely play on. Like Smith, he's in startling form.

Re Sunday: Let's not have a repeat of 2016 - thank you.


Send chambers to passing school.... still burns a bit if im being honest

User avatar
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Kettles » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 pm

No sh!t Sherlock. hmm. He has redeemed himself a little to be honest, this year although he's altogether too selfish for Melbourne Storm... His 2016 season was bloody atrocious.

User avatar
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Re: 2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Postby Kettles » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 pm

So, is Griffin buggering off, or are we stuck with him?


Return to “Melbourne Storm”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 7 guests