Cam Smith - 356 Games

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Re: Cam Smith - 356 Games

Postby blazza18 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:52 pm

It's better but I'm just not into the one game vote sample size swaying things. Specially with origin players missing games and one man team vs team with better players.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby Mattpoet » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Hard to get right but better than it was, perhaps a system that takes both individual games and a retrospective analysis of the year into account? Don't know how that's achieved through.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:29 pm

blazza18 wrote:It's better but I'm just not into the one game vote sample size swaying things. Specially with origin players missing games and one man team vs team with better players.

Fair enough. I agree to an extent.

Just on the impact of Origin - To allow for the stand-down rounds during the State of Origin period, each player's best 21 point-receiving matches are taken into account when determining the final points for each player.

As I mentioned in another thread, it also doesn't allow for someone who is consistently good all season but does not figure in Dally M points vs someone who plays a handful of great games but is then rubbish for the rest of the year. Voting only caters for the (supposed) best three players on ground, not the players who performed poorly.

Anyway, imperfect system that I think they have improved... Back to discussing the god like figure that is Cam.

Danger D
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Danger D » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Can we add 'most iconic bum chin' to the list of His accolades?

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Best accountant to ever play the game.

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:58 pm

On another note it's great to see Cam say once his career has finished he and his family will stay living in Melbourne. No doubt he'll play a huge part in the club post football and keep that strong culture going for many years to come. Most def the GOAT

Return to “Melbourne Storm”