Qualifying Final: Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Re: Qualifying Final: Storm vs Eels

Postby tigerr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Heart in mouth that last 10 minutes _ lost my voice yelling out for Storm to tackle!!

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Need to be a LOT better...

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby bula » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I thought Jesse was our best along with Chambers

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby blazza18 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:46 pm

We had plenty of chances to break things open but were really impatient with the ball. Thought we were the better team but we didn't control the game well enough.

Positive thing is they scored two tries with Munster in the bin and didn't really look like scoring the rest of the game. The Semi try was just bizarre. The entire d line just stood flat and watched.

Glad the boys get to rest up now and will know they can't just show up and win.

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby bula » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Had we lost that game the lesson would've been the same so good to learn it in a win

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby nacho » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:07 pm

So a spinning elbow to the head of a player is completely okay? The refs continue to set dangerous precedents and this is why the game will live in AFLs shadow.

The refs were so up and down the entire game - it has detracted from the real contest

Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Postby Gaiscioch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm

A great spectacle with the Globe Trotter's try.
Issues could have surrounded the time Glasby and Cronk both had their hands on the ball but something about it felt right with my "bunker's hat" on. Simultaneous touch, Glasby was always in front ... Play on! Was great theatrics just the way Finals Footy should be, great wake up call, I'm sure our boys are just gonna be eager to get back on the field in a fortnights tiem to correct their wrongs from tonight's game. Well done boys, way to grind out the win. Enjoy the rest.
You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:

Bullucked
Squall
Squall

Postby Bullucked » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:27 pm

I think we were in equal parts lucky to win and a deserved winner. We had at least 4 very clear or very near try scoring opportunities that were missed out on and I think we also got the rub of the green for a couple. Probably a kick up the backside that (might've?) been needed.
I think Munster's position is full back but obviously with the worlds best already in the side he needs to find a place in the team. As a 5/8 he's nothing more than a link / hit up man. Can't not have him in the team.

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby bula » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Bullucked wrote:I think we were in equal parts lucky to win and a deserved winner. We had at least 4 very clear or very near try scoring opportunities that were missed out on and I think we also got the rub of the green for a couple. Probably a kick up the backside that (might've?) been needed.
I think Munster's position is full back but obviously with the worlds best already in the side he needs to find a place in the team. As a 5/8 he's nothing more than a link / hit up man. Can't not have him in the team.

Yeah I think Munster is 50/50. He can come up with a beautiful 'playmakers' play or stump our attack all together and lose momentum by hopping around.

RobbieRoss
Squall
Squall

Postby RobbieRoss » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Munster was on fire at 6 through the Origin period - and had a slashing Origin debut in that spot. However since he came back from his ankle injury I think he has been off the boil. He seemed so authoritative at that earlier time , but not so now. Hopefully he can recapture that form of six or so weeks ago.

Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Postby Gaiscioch » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 am

Munster says himself he is a 5/8 over Fullback.
He's a gifted player, but he seems to be putting on weight, what's he eating and drinking lol.
And off topic, Vunivalu has had another majority of his game in the grey and sketchy zone. He needs to have a calm and clear mind, it's as if he has his mind else where. Just throwing my thoughts out there.
And looking at the Cronk and Glasby try again, easily a new rule should be written to clarify that situation. But I'm happy for it to have been let go, legit try.
You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby bula » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 am

Watching the Foxsports replay and wow I thought channel 9 commentary was bad! Anasta and Roach so biased.

RobbieRoss
Squall
Squall

Postby RobbieRoss » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 am

bula wrote:Watching the Foxsports replay and wow I thought channel 9 commentary was bad! Anasta and Roach so biased.

Braith Anasta is a disgrace - a cheerleader for the Sydney teams.

Big Blocker is ok, and the bloke doing the call ( Brenton Speed) kept trying to calm Anasta down ( eg re the obvious penalty for the block on Slater ) , but Anasta just kept flogging away.

tugga
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Postby tugga » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 am

RobbieRoss wrote:
bula wrote:Watching the Foxsports replay and wow I thought channel 9 commentary was bad! Anasta and Roach so biased.

Braith Anasta is a disgrace - a cheerleader for the Sydney teams.

Big Blocker is ok, and the bloke doing the call ( Brenton Speed) kept trying to calm Anasta down ( eg re the obvious penalty for the block on Slater ) , but Anasta just kept flogging away.

Brenton Speed is one of the best sports commentators in the country. Love his work.
Anasta is a disgrace as is Roach, but neither even come close to Warren Smith for gimpery.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby Mattpoet » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:35 am

Roach is the stereotypical big dumb prop, brain is running at a fifth the speed of his mouth!

Return to “Melbourne Storm”