2018 Playing Roster

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Squall
Squall
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby RobbieRoss » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 pm

blazza18 wrote:The forward depth concerns me a little if injuries hit. Hopefully Kasiano proves me wrong and NAS take another step in his development. Think someone like Tui Kamikamica could have a real crack at a bench spot too. And yes to Smith off the bench.


Don't forget we get Welch back. Myles . Kasiano . P Kaufusi.Vincent L. Charlie Gallo. hope we get Groat too .. and any news re Hoffy and Sandor Earl?

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Scooter » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:46 pm

RobbieRoss I ran into the Hoffmans tonight. I asked Hoffy if there was any chance he would be in purple again next year. Hoffy said "Stay tuned." Melissa said "That would be the win wouldn't it."

The Storm played an updated departing players video at the Player of the Year Awards night last night and Charlie Galo was on it. I didn't get a chance to chat to Charlie so not sure where he is going.

big_m
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby big_m » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 am

I'll go:

1. Slater
2. The Fox
3. Scott / Blair (can't decide)
4. Chambers
5. Vunivalu
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J Bromwich
9. C Smith (c)
10. Kasiano
11. F Kaufusi
12. Hoffman (sounds like its almost official)
13. Finucane

14. Asofa-Solomona
15. Glasby
16. Pat Kaufusi
17. B Smith

Only put kasiano as starter as it sounds like he came here to start instead of higher offers from other clubs to stay on bench. Think bellamy can make this happen with a tough preseason.

I think that team can go very close to back to back next season. Most of the team picks itself.

Deadpool
Squall
Squall
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Deadpool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:04 pm

big_m wrote:I'll go:

1. Slater
2. The Fox
3. Scott / Blair (can't decide)
4. Chambers
5. Vunivalu
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J Bromwich
9. C Smith (c)
10. Kasiano
11. F Kaufusi
12. Hoffman (sounds like its almost official)
13. Finucane

14. Asofa-Solomona
15. Glasby
16. Pat Kaufusi
17. B Smith

Only put kasiano as starter as it sounds like he came here to start instead of higher offers from other clubs to stay on bench. Think bellamy can make this happen with a tough preseason.

I think that team can go very close to back to back next season. Most of the team picks itself.

Your missing Kenny Bromwich. And I would definitely prefer Scott over Blair, not really a fan of Blairs

User avatar
Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Under the Black Dot

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Storm Spirit » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Deadpool wrote:
big_m wrote:I'll go:

1. Slater
2. The Fox
3. Scott / Blair (can't decide)
4. Chambers
5. Vunivalu
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J Bromwich
9. C Smith (c)
10. Kasiano
11. F Kaufusi
12. Hoffman (sounds like its almost official)
13. Finucane

14. Asofa-Solomona
15. Glasby
16. Pat Kaufusi
17. B Smith

Only put kasiano as starter as it sounds like he came here to start instead of higher offers from other clubs to stay on bench. Think bellamy can make this happen with a tough preseason.

I think that team can go very close to back to back next season. Most of the team picks itself.

Your missing Kenny Bromwich. And I would definitely prefer Scott over Blair, not really a fan of Blairs


Cheyse is a fair player......and without Curtis coming though in leaps and bounds this year...I would have said go with Cheyse.

but it's going to be hard for Cheyse to dislodge Curtis now....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time

User avatar
Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Under the Black Dot

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Storm Spirit » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:11 pm

Cheyse as a back rower (as I think Mattpoet suggested ??) does interest me though.....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time

User avatar
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:27 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby yourhero » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Deadpool wrote:Your missing Kenny Bromwich.


Is he someone that should have a guaranteed bench position though?

Deadpool
Squall
Squall
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Deadpool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Kenny has been great for us off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if next year he steps up and claims that left backrow spot

User avatar
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 2732
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby blazza18 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Tried that this year and didn't work.

User avatar
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 3948
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:34 pm
Location: Altona Meadows

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby steaming stormer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Deadpool wrote:
big_m wrote:I'll go:

1. Slater
2. The Fox
3. Scott / Blair (can't decide)
4. Chambers
5. Vunivalu
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J Bromwich
9. C Smith (c)
10. Kasiano
11. F Kaufusi
12. Hoffman (sounds like its almost official)
13. Finucane

14. Asofa-Solomona
15. Glasby
16. Pat Kaufusi
17. B Smith

Only put kasiano as starter as it sounds like he came here to start instead of higher offers from other clubs to stay on bench. Think bellamy can make this happen with a tough preseason.

I think that team can go very close to back to back next season. Most of the team picks itself.

Your missing Kenny Bromwich. And I would definitely prefer Scott over Blair, not really a fan of Blairs



I think the bigger piece of the puzzle being missed there is Stimson! I love Hoffy, but I don't really see him in our best 17 - he's a depth player now surely. Good experience around the Club, but he's not in our best 17. I would have the below, and I don't see why we can't be right up there again when the whips are cracking!

1. Slater
2. Suli
3. Will
4. Scott
5. Fox
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. Jesse
9. Smith
10. Glasby
11. Felise
12. Stimson
13. Dale
14. Kenny
15. NAS
16. Kasiano
17. B Smith (assuming we go the utility route!)

That then gives us depth of:
Pat Kafusi
Ryan Hoffman
Ryley Jacks
Cheyse Blair
Nate Myles (I believe he's staying)
Jahrome Hughes
Christian Welch (huge opinion of this kid)
Tui Kamikamica

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 4217
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Mattpoet » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:59 pm

1.Slater
2.Vunivalu
3.Chambers
4.Scott
5.Addo-Carr
6.Munster
7.Croft
8.J.Bromwich
9.C.Smith
10.Kasiano
11.F.Kaufusi
12.Stimson
13.Finucane
14.K.Bromwich
15.Asofa-Solomona
16.Glasby
17.B.Smith/Welch/Hoffman

NevilleB
Squall
Squall
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby NevilleB » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Mattpoet wrote:1.Slater
2.Vunivalu
3.Chambers
4.Scott
5.Addo-Carr
6.Munster
7.Croft
8.J.Bromwich
9.C.Smith
10.Kasiano
11.F.Kaufusi
12.Stimson
13.Finucane
14.K.Bromwich
15.Asofa-Solomona
16.Glasby
17.B.Smith/Welch/Hoffman


Yep, this is the side. Good stuff

big_m
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby big_m » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:55 pm

steaming stormer wrote:I think the bigger piece of the puzzle being missed there is Stimson! I love Hoffy, but I don't really see him in our best 17 - he's a depth player now surely. Good experience around the Club, but he's not in our best 17. I would have the below, and I don't see why we can't be right up there again when the whips are cracking!

1. Slater
2. Suli
3. Will
4. Scott
5. Fox
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. Jesse
9. Smith
10. Glasby
11. Felise
12. Stimson
13. Dale
14. Kenny
15. NAS
16. Kasiano
17. B Smith (assuming we go the utility route!)

That then gives us depth of:
Pat Kafusi
Ryan Hoffman
Ryley Jacks
Cheyse Blair
Nate Myles (I believe he's staying)
Jahrome Hughes
Christian Welch (huge opinion of this kid)
Tui Kamikamica


Didnt see a lot of the warriors last season but hoffy averaged approx 100m and 26 tackles a game. I like kenny but dont necessarily think he gets a bench spot ahead of that. Of course, hoffy is getting old and who knows what he offers next season.

Itzbek the Purple
Squall
Squall
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Itzbek the Purple » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:48 pm

As it's Croft's first full season at 7, i was thinking he'll get a significant amount of physical attention to ty and put him off his game. I know that Gavin Cooper does a lot of protection work for Thurston so I was wondering if we have anyone who could do the same thing for Croft. Or do we even need it?

User avatar
Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Under the Black Dot

Re: 2018 Playing Roster

Postby Storm Spirit » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:43 am

Itzbek the Purple wrote:As it's Croft's first full season at 7, i was thinking he'll get a significant amount of physical attention to ty and put him off his game. I know that Gavin Cooper does a lot of protection work for Thurston so I was wondering if we have anyone who could do the same thing for Croft. Or do we even need it?


He's so *lima lima lima duck* quick...they've got to catch him before they can whack him....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time


Return to “Melbourne Storm”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests