Retro Round

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Re: Retro Round

Postby Danger D » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 am

RobbieRoss wrote:My absolute favourite moment of the decade was the hit by Mick Crocker on Brett Stewart early in the second half of the 07 GF.

My favourite moment in rugby league also!

steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby steaming stormer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 pm

My fav part of Crock's hit was sitting in the crowd, listening to the Scum fans grow more and more enraged with each replay... whilst I sat there laughing as with every replay it looked cleaner and cleaner as a hit to me. Different coloured glasses obviously haha

riders of the storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby riders of the storm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 pm

The 2006 last minute win over the Bulldogs when Jake Webster scored in the corner.

Cooper Cronk chipped, Ryan Hoffman caught the pill and then flicked it on for Webster.

What made it even more special was the backline for that game was absolutely decimated with no Greg Inglis or Billy Slater.

I think the back three might have been Chris Walker, Jake Webster and Steve Turner?

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby Scooter » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:23 am

Mattpoet wrote:Brett Anderson's try when he caught a kick almost behind his back has always been a favourite - a bit obscure I know.

Mattpoet if that is the try I am thinking of it secured us one of our minor premierships.

Remember Jake Webster try to beat the Bulldogs fondly. I had been in Sydney for the week for work and had a lunch time flight. Sydney airport was in chaos with big delays due to high winds. I ended going straight from airport to Olympic Park just in time to make kick off.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby Mattpoet » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:26 am

Scooter wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Brett Anderson's try when he caught a kick almost behind his back has always been a favourite - a bit obscure I know.

Mattpoet if that is the try I am thinking of it secured us one of our minor premierships.

Remember Jake Webster try to beat the Bulldogs fondly. I had been in Sydney for the week for work and had a lunch time flight. Sydney airport was in chaos with big delays due to high winds. I ended going straight from airport to Olympic Park just in time to make kick off.

I think it did, yes.

Return to “Melbourne Storm”