The Jerseys, Merchandise and Sponsorship Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Re: The Jerseys, Merchandise and Sponsorship Thread

Postby Kettles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:11 pm

I just got what is rapidly becoming my favourite Storm jersey ever.
Just love this one. It's good to wear, too!

https://www.4shared.com/photo/s-cRqz-Sba/blk.html

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Kettles wrote:I just got what is rapidly becoming my favourite Storm jersey ever.
Just love this one. It's good to wear, too!

https://www.4shared.com/photo/s-cRqz-Sba/blk.html

Yeah. Love this jersey. I wish the senior boys would run out with one like this. A few years ago I posted about a very similar one that Wigan had.

Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Kettles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Only a few left on ebay.com.au if anyone wants to snap one up. I love hoops. I'm a QPR supporter, so they work for me.
This would be a great seniors jersey, I agree.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby yourhero » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Also, I order $300 worth of Storm gear from the online store 9 days ago... I got an email tonight saying that the order was dispatched this evening.

9 days just to package the goods, seriously? Lift your f**king game...

Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Kettles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:17 pm

that's pretty ordinary. an item or two on backorder i suspect.

LESStar58
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby LESStar58 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:41 am

yourhero wrote:Also, I order $300 worth of Storm gear from the online store 9 days ago... I got an email tonight saying that the order was dispatched this evening.

9 days just to package the goods, seriously? Lift your f**king game...

Yep. They are bog average. I got an email a week after placing my order for a mate in America asking to confirm the address. Gave them an almighty spray. I've been working online retail for 7 years and the mediocrity of some stores blows my mind.

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby absentee » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Kettles wrote:Only a few left on ebay.com.au if anyone wants to snap one up. I love hoops. I'm a QPR supporter, so they work for me.
This would be a great seniors jersey, I agree.

Rebel have a bunch - at least my local store (Eastland - possibly at Knox, too). BLK must have dumped their remaining stock to get rid of it. Picked one up for about $80 I think. Speaking of Rebel - they have very little variety when it comes to Storm gear this year. I've noticed they've got next to no Collingwood gear beyond guernseys as well (also with Star). Maybe they're still waiting for Star to dispatch their orders? Would seem about right.

I noticed last night that all SpotJobs signage was gone. Their logo is gone from the website, too. Their deal was supposed to run until the end of the season - looks like another sponsor (not just a Storm one) that bolts after getting a bit of exposure. I imagine Tigerair's increased exposure beginning next year will be taking the below collar position as well.

Heritage jersey looked good - but I think it looks better when worn looser. The lightning bolts are a little too thin and weak for my liking. I like how we're basically the only club (except for the Broncos last year) that still wears a traditional collar for heritage round. Doesn't look quite right on tight fitting jerseys but when worn in the stands it looks good.

Oh, and if we can get silver NRL numbers to match our heritage jersey can we please get proper purple numbers to match the away jersey? It's like they've gone through a few different batches - some look pink, some look a little more purple. Just match the purple on the jersey. It can't be that hard.

Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Kettles » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Spot Jobs no longer a sponsor????? No-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!! I used to get my free tickets to Storm through the MD whom I know very well. I hope the company isn't in trouble.

You say Rebel stock the U20's one?? That seems strange that anyone other than crazies like me would want one. I think $64.95 on eBay I paid. I love it for what it's worth.

LESStar58
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby LESStar58 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:36 am

I got a 9s jersey from 2015 from Rebel Highpoint for 20 bucks a few weeks ago.

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby absentee » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Kettles wrote:Spot Jobs no longer a sponsor????? No-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!! I used to get my free tickets to Storm through the MD whom I know very well. I hope the company isn't in trouble.

Their deal with the club was supposed to run until the end of the season so I don't know why everything has been pulled early. I know they lasted a year as sponsor of GWS Giants and had a brief stint as sponsor of one of the Sydney Big Bash teams. They probably wanted to get a bit of exposure and run. Tigerair will look good in their place next season (although that's just a hunch).

Speaking of sponsors that bolted without explanation - Lumo Energy. Signed prior to round nine of the 2014 season for three seasons and were gone in less than one.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby sallymay » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:41 am

Still has it on their website (spot jobs) major sponsor of us

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby absentee » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:41 pm

There's a rumour on LU that Storm is moving from Star to ISC next year. Apparently the club has lost money through the partnership. I've also heard from elsewhere that Collingwood (also with Star) are moving to ISC next year as well. Don't know where the rumour came from but I see you post there LESStar58 (I only lurk) - think you can question it?

Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Kettles » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:54 pm

N-o-o-o-o... ISC make the jerseys with the spangly little jazz ballet buttons on the jerseys, don't they? They might look okay on your 12 year old's ballet costume, but not on men's RL jerseys. If we go with them and have those spangly little numbers on OUR team's on field gear, I'm likely to vomit. (or am I mixing up manufacturers?)
Last edited by Kettles on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby blazza18 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Interesting if true. They will almost be doing the entire comp haha. Wonder if the NRL will ever go down the same path as the US sports and have an entire apparel deal for the entire league.

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby absentee » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Kettles wrote:N-o-o-o-o... ISC make the jerseys with the spangly little jazz ballet buttons on the jerseys, don't they? They might look okay on your 12 year old's ballet costume, but not on men's RL jerseys. If we go with them and have those spangly little numbers on OUR team's on field gear, I'm likely to vomit. (or am I mixing up manufacturers?)

I don't think they're that noticeable. They're gel grips designed to help hold onto the ball. A few jersey manufacturers do it in both rugby codes but ISC were the first to do it in the NRL I believe. It's a player issue feature though - you wouldn't want them on a retail jersey. I have one of the limited player issue Queensland jerseys by Canterbury which has gel Vs all over the front (far more than ISC do) - definitely not something you'd want to wear.

And yeah, with the Broncos moving to ISC next year and now us (still to be confirmed of course) that will mean 10 of 16 teams in the NRL with ISC - the rest being Canterbury with two, Blades with two, Asics with one and BLK with one. Regarding the NRL signing a league-wide apparel partnership - I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility but it would be incredibly unlikely I'd say. I can't see the clubs going for it unless the NRL could deliver a deal above what each club could get on their own.

Hopefully ISC can deliver a proper purple for our jerseys. Star have shown they can deliver a proper purple on the indigenous and away jerseys but the hatching pattern on the home jersey makes it look washed out and kind of a purple-grey colour. Then again, I believe there's some kind of loophole that allows a club to change design with a change of manufacturer - so who knows?

Return to “Melbourne Storm”